Sunday, September 4, 2016

Cognizant Interview Questions and Answers

Cognizant is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey the firm has over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 217,700 employees as of March 31, 2015. Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.

Cognizant serves top clients across key industry sectors (such as Banking, Financial Services and Insurance, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Manufacturing & Logistics, Retail & Consumer goods, Information, Media & Entertainment, among others). 
The headquarters of the company is in Teaneck, New Jersey. It was founded originally as a technology unit of Dun & Br1.

Cognizant HR Commonly Asked HR Interview Questions 


Question 1. Tell me about yourself?
Answer: It is the most often asked question in interviews and also the trickiest question. Start by telling why you are well qualified for the position. Remember, always match your educational & experience qualification to what the interviewer is looking for. In other words, you should give information what the interviewer is looking for. Be careful that it should not seem rehearsed.
Question 2. What is your Dream Company?
My dream company will be any company which give me satisfaction of work, opportunity to grow from organisational point of view as well as personal point of view and from monitory point of view.
Question 3. What are the qualities a team leader should possess?
       Inspire and motivate teamwork for achieving goals.
       Influence valuable changes.
       Be open to new ideas coming from team members.
       Consult frequently with key team members.
       Establish an open discussion for decision-making.
       Distinguish the team from others – create an identity for the team.
       Encourage and support independent thinking.
       Recognize the skills of key team members and utilize their strengths to the benefit of the team.
·         Build trust between team members.
   Question 4. Do you enjoy doing independent research
I am equally comfortable working as a member of a team and independently. In researching your mission statement and the job description, I could see similarities to previous positions that I have held where some assignments required a great deal of independent work and research, while others were better completed as a group. I am very comfortable working on a team, but I can also work independently, as well.
Question 5. Are you willing to relocate to a completely different city
I'm perfectly fine with relocation because I believe that it provides me an opportunity to learn and my father is government employee and he often used to get transfers, so I am adjusted to relocating or something like that

   Question 6. What do you know about Cognizant? 
Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp is an American multinational corporation that provides custom information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services. It is headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey, United States. Cognizant is listed in the NASDAQ-100 and the S&P 500 indices. Originally founded as an in-house technology unit of Dun & Bradstreet in 1994, Cognizant started serving external clients in 1996
Question 7. What are your greatest strengths?
Answer:  Number of answers are good to give, but in positive manner. Some good instances are:
About your problem solving skills, ability to work hard, professional expertise, leadership skills, positive attitude etc.
Question 8. Do you have any blind spots?
Answer: Disguise your strength as a weakness. Beware this is an eliminator question, designed to shorten the candidate list.
Question 9.  Why should I hire you?
Answer: Try to know the interviewer’s greatest needs and demands, this question will give you advantage over other candidates and give him best facts for hiring you than someone else.
Question 10.  Are you a team player?
Answer:  Of course, I’m a team player. Always say this and should have examples ready. Tell that you often perform for the good of the team rather than mean is good evidence of your team attitude.

Question 11.  How would you be an asset to our organization?
Answer:  Highlight and let them know about your strengths. This is the exact question where you can win their heart and with confidence.
Question 12. Why should we hire you ?
Answer: I am a sincere, active and hard working person. Every work I do properly. I am very confident in my work. I am ready to work hard for your company in every situation as possible as I can give my efforts. I always work for the companies gain.

OR

Sir, You have a lot of options to select for this position. But I don't know about the rest. But what I believe that I meet the minimum requirement for this position. But I am able to do my job for its best requirement. Apart from that, my words cannot justify my action until I don't get the right opportunity to perform. So I will very privileged if you avail me this opportunity

Question 13.  Do you have any questions for me?
Answer:  Always have some questions prepared for the interviewer. How soon will I be able to be join? etc.

Question 14. Why do you want to work in this company?
This company is on the list of most admired companies every year. I want to play a role in ensuring this company stays on that list. I want to be part of a company that offers no less than quality in terms of products and after sales services
Question 15. Do you consider yourself successful?
Answer: Yes. During my ___ year career, I have learned to set goals and to make sure I meet each of it. I make sure obstacles do not hinder me from reaching my goals, but instead should inspire me to exert more. I believe the new position I am applying for will enable me to reach up higher and be more successful.

Question 16. What makes you interested in this job?

Answer: If you can’t add any value to the company, the interviewer will not be very interested in knowing how this job can offer you a career progression and how much you enjoy taking up new challenges. The best way is to keep the focus of your answer on how your skills, experience and personal qualities fit into the requirements of this particular position.



Other Commonly Asked HR Questions 

1.      Which is the last movie that you saw?
2.      If you could be any animal, what would it be?
3.      What were your favourite classes? Why?
4.      Do you enjoy doing independent research?
5.      Who were your favourite professors? Why?
6.      Tell us about your family background?
7.      Women should get reservation in IT industry - your views. 
8.      Did your father's profession help you in growing as a person? How?
9.      Give an example where you applied your creativity.
10.  How would you react if your work is criticise?
11.  Rate your communication skills on 0-5 scale.
12. How can you add value to Cognizant?


CTS Technical Round Interview Questions 


1.       Briefly explain the method you will use to execute an array linked list?
2.       What are character constants in C++?
3.       Write a program to add two strings without utilizing “+” operator ?
4.       Define the terms OSI, TCP, and IP.
5.       What are streams in C++? What are predefined streams in C++?
6.       Give me a Query to find out the second largest compensation in an organization ?
7.       What is the implementation of merge ?
8.       Write the connection code to a database?
9.       How did you create it in your project?
10.   What are derived data types? Name the user defined data types in C++.
11.   Whether higher normal forms better than lower forms as far
12.   Redundancy is concerned?
13.   Explain tokens in C++.Also tell about their role and importance.
14.   How would you input data to your code?
15.   Can a database table exist without a primary key?
16.   What are the similarities and differences between a class and a structure?
17.   What is the reason behind using “Inner Join” and “Outer Join”?


Bhanu Namikaze

Author & Editor

Bhanu Namikaze is an Ethical Hacker, Passionate Blogger, Web Developer, Student and Mechanical Engineer. He Enjoys writing articles, Blogging, Solving Errors, Surfing and Social Networking. Feel Free To Contact Me @ Bhanu.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Copyrights @ Interview Questions.Me - Blogger Templates Designed by Templateism - Distributed By Protemplateslab

  • (91) 5544 654942
  • Bhanu@HackingDream.net
  • Interview Questions

Copyrights @ Interview Questions.Me -A Site By Bhanu In Association With Hacking Dream